Sunday 21 December 2008

The Middle Eastern Media landscape

Gulf Marketing Review's December 2008 edition reports some interesting findings from Maktoob Research's media landscape study. It may not come as a surprise that the Internet almost entirely dominated the results but I'm not entirely sure about the integrity of Maktoob's research structure. 
I'm no expert pollster, though I have handled a few snap polls for clients in the past, but I think the Internet should have been considered as a medium on par with television, radio and print. Instead Maktoob split digital media into websites, search engines and email newsletters. 
I wonder if a broader categorisation (print, broadcast-TV, broadcast-radio and the Internet) would perhaps have worked better. But then that's just my opinion.
 
  
From Middle East PRoject

No comments:

Post a Comment